RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League practices and stratting.

Go down 
+3
Messiah
Piggy
wolfy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

Number of posts : 189
Xfire : wolfyretired
Registration date : 2009-02-08

League practices and stratting. Empty
PostSubject: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 am

As stated in my other article, Making the leap., the time for change has come. Some of us members are Competetive-willing, and others not so much. That is always ok, but for us to have a successful league team we need atleast 5 very active starters, then atleast 2 backups ready to play and practice for every match. The following is going to be the temporary practice/stratting schedules for this league, and please take into consideration that i'm under the assumption that matches are any day during the week (from what I have seen through their CounterStrike league scheduling).

[# Days Prior to match] | Brief explanation of the pratice/stratting schedule.
[3]| The team will get together in the scrim/match server and overlook the map, finding/sharing set nades and good spots to use so we can plan our strat according to 'strategic' places pointed out. Find a scrim or 2 to end the session.
Start: 8pm Est. End: 10/9pm Est.

[3,2] | The team gets together yet again in the server and puts together the official strats then utilize them in scrimmages.
Start: 8pm Est. End: 10/9pm Est.

[2,1] | The strats are set, and all that is needed is some practice to make sure the strats are down. Match rosters released at end of session 1 day before match date.
Start: 8pm Est. End: 9pm Est.

[0] | The team gets together about 1 hour before the match and scrim atleast once prior to the match starting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
Piggy

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 pm

As far as know, we never done strats, and we should start experimenting now. See whats good, and use it for any matches.

I have ideas for strats, since I did it in vcod all the time. Don't have any for cod4 except chinatown(which is the same thing at ctan in cod1)
Back to top Go down
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

Number of posts : 315
Xfire : vicky2526
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:56 pm

weve got a decent one worked out for defense on crash but its got its holes and needs to be tweaked but thats about all i know of that we got.
Back to top Go down
Butcher
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 343
Xfire : raovbutch

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:40 pm

thats all cuz we havent been in any serious league..i mean TWL has all maps available..and in XPL we will know what the motw is and so we can scrim the whole week in that motw and come up with strats..other important thing is having set rosters which so far i see wolfy,flatline,messiah and manth being on the set roster which mean u guys will have to find one more active member and scrim often together.
Back to top Go down
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:33 am

manth retired. or so he says.

Last edited by Messiah on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
decyfer
Webmaster
Webmaster
decyfer

Number of posts : 213
Xfire : greentide

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:16 am

This sounds nice and everything, but can you follow through? I'm not trying to be a party pooper or anything, but I've heard this kind of thing before. I'm sick of seeing your teams (mainly cal) start off decent, then dive bomb because nobody feels like putting the work in halfway through.

Also, if you are going to take this more seriously, I think that means less gaming other than cod. (cabal, warcraft, valve games, blah blah blah) You could pull it off in twl because half the teams are shitty, but if this league is legit, then you guys are going to have to put most of your time into scrimming and playing on promod live servers or whatever the fuck the mod it is. Yeah, that's nice having a set schedule, (which will probably half the time not work. Flatline's gym time, fucking tool...) but you should play a lot more than just that schedule, and less of other games. (mainly stock cod because of the differences.)

Sigh... now I'm just rambling because I'm tired, but don't let me down this time.
Back to top Go down
http://teamraov.turtleforum.net
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:01 am

Well decy like I said i'm going to try and take this shit seriously. Theres obviously some time for those other games, but the bulk of it is going to be scrimming and stratting for cod4 in promod servers to make sure we know what we're doing, and that we have the feel for each map that we're going to be playing. So it is in my best hopes that everyone will be willing to follow through with me this time...and I don't foresee myself giving up on this league as easily as I did for the CAL team. But I do see your points though =)
Back to top Go down
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm

im around when ever, if you need me to do something let me know, otherwise i'll just be off playing w/e :s
Back to top Go down
Pure

Number of posts : 35
Xfire : purekiller29
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:56 pm

I dont know if I will have the time but i ve done cal and Gotten strats from some phsycotic 5 guys / winners of cal 0 last season . So i can give ya tips if needed and i might be able to join up just dont want to say yes unless im sure I can ?
BTW I would prob have to figure out if I suck ballz since I havent promoded in a while .
Back to top Go down
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:11 pm

http://gtactix.com/

In case you guys didn't know about it. It should help a lot with strat making. There's also a nade/target practice modification for PAM4...

http://files.filefront.com/AM4PAM+v11+AdmiralMOD/;9469714;/fileinfo.html

Haven't even looked at this one, so idk if it's any good or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:33 pm

/revive. this ever going to happen?
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Fuck yea. Our first match is scheduled for this Wednesday at 9pm Eastern and I say we get our asses stratting the map by tomorrow (Monday) when the players get on..please try to get on around 6-7est people! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League practices and stratting.   League practices and stratting. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League practices and stratting.
Page 1 of 1