RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??

Go down 
+9
FlaTL!nE
n00bie
Stoob
riZ
Butcher
wolfy
Sol
velocity
NessY
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NessY

NessY

Number of posts : 23
Xfire : stevothegreat181
Registration date : 2009-07-05

What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? Empty
PostSubject: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 am

nothing worse than being on a server with a useless team member while someone blasts around with
(in our case) 3xfrag noob tube and scrolling...

now
i had admin untill the password got changed...
and numerous times i was on when no one else was and had to make some kicks

but who has server admin now?
cause i tried to talk to everyone that was online this weekend and no one had it...
Stoob is always AFK (god forbid he have a live)
as is wolfy
and Bu7ch just checked out after his match without even responding to my xfiring (thanks!)

so someone let me know wtf to do when i have an asshat in the server
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stevoisgreat
velocity

Number of posts : 107
Xfire : thewall4
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:45 am

well you see Nessy, im to the point where i don't even bother warning the fuckers because i have no way of getting them kicked. (which, in my experience thus far has had a bad reflection towards our team) Im just about done worrying about the whole thing.

Its almost as if i dont exist and no admin was in the server anyway, the same thing would be happening. You just have to have some sort of negative outlook (like mine) that the future wont be any different and put your balls back in your pants because as far as i see, NO ONE gives a flying fuck that you dont have the ability to GET THINGS DONE.

We are sitting in the fucking stone ages, wake up and invent the wheel, because at this rate our reputation will be going nowhere. We lost a relatively full server the other day because everyone left out of frustration that i couldn't kick 4 people that were being assclowns.

And if you are going to sit here and insult me by doing nothing, im not even going to bother trying. You want to put rules on your server, fine.. just be ready to enforce them.
Back to top Go down
NessY

NessY

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:59 am

lol....
easy there my vertically challanged friend
hahaha
jp'n but seriously "leaders"
whats going on here?
i guess they just moved on to more important things than caring about police work
but they didt even have to do anything but let us admin
hahah
silly stuff

and btw.. im never putting my balls away
Back to top Go down
Sol
Sol

Number of posts : 30
Xfire : shadowsniper008
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:36 am

What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? Crab,funny-99873bee04e516ebf73a4889643e16eb_h
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

Number of posts : 189
Xfire : wolfyretired
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 am

Believe it or not, we have lives. I would like to know what times i'm not on to ban someone...cause I find myself on quite a bit these days. Not to mention most of us leaders have jobs, also adding on the fact that we have more than enough admins to run things around here in the daytime. I don't wanna hear any bitching about not having admin and/or rcon because there are members in this clan that have been in here for years more and still don't have any admin status, yet they remain loyal to this day. And it is to my knowledge that both the rcon password and private slot password has somehow slipped to some people it wasn't meant to go to- sorry but we only give admin out to certain people, it wasn't mean to be spread out like it did to everyone. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
Butcher
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 343
Xfire : raovbutch
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 am

ventrilo.com is all i can say to you. Shocked
Back to top Go down
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

Number of posts : 190
Xfire : theffoh
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:50 pm

If I am on I know I try to police the server rules. Sometimes I miss things but usually if a member says something to me a few times on vent, and I realize it is something they caught and I missed I will still take action.
Back to top Go down
http://digital-excellence.net
Stoob
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 379
Xfire : stoob19

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Happy Tree Friends
Back to top Go down
n00bie
n00bie

Number of posts : 47
Xfire : n00biie
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I work 10-6 CST generally and then every free waking moment before or after work is spent sitting at home. I have xfire run on startup and I get on our vent exclusively now. I've asked for admin many times but I must not be worthy. I may be a rageaholic but I am just and righteous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gunzos.com
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Whoever didn't realize from my last post, I meant to put out there that rcon comes to a select few- and if we deem someone responsible, active, and chill enough: you have a better chance of getting admin down the road. thanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FlaTL!nE
Leader
Leader
FlaTL!nE

Number of posts : 208
Xfire : ptu7

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:02 pm

wtf si this shit, first of all there are always admins on, and for some one who rarely comes on and say shit liek this is bullshit. we always police the server. vent or xfire someone is always on. rcon for admins not for the fucking public, cause apparently people go ban and kick happy in a popular server where we know 90% of the players. the leaders and admin do thier jobs, and we sure as hell dont need someone who rarely comes on to tell us "what is going on". noobie is not even and admin and i see him policeing the server all the time and he has no problem getting an admin. dont make it seem like everyday this shit is going on. admins are always on.
Back to top Go down
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

Number of posts : 315
Xfire : vicky2526

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:33 pm

i for one, currently have no life and barley sleep, xfire me, OR COME IN VENT
Back to top Go down
velocity

Number of posts : 107
Xfire : thewall4
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:44 pm

I'd like to apologize.
My words were swift and decisive. I used selective beliefs towards what i had said, when truthfully it has only happened like 5 times. I have a lot going on right now in my life (and at that, I am very depressed as well), that may have lead up to me responding in this matter towards something I felt strongly about int he past, but -- that is by no means -- a reason to be angry with some of the people I would call friends.

Truthfully, one of my biggest fears is failing and letting someone down, and when stoob let us know they were cutting back on admin, I noticed just about everyone except me had received it back, it added to me feeling very down and felt that somehow I had done something wrong to be demoted in such a way. More or less, it was a case of bad timing and bitterness towards my current dilemmas, that made me lash out at the hard-working admins that we currently have.
I want you to know that, I don't blame you for my emotional setbacks and would like to extend this apology to those that i have offended with my outburst.

I'm sorry.

If I can't learn to hold my tongue in a simple circumstance as this, I don't know how I can move forward myself, none-the-less be a part of a team that I hope will soon build up into as great a community that we all dream for.

I was selfish, and therefore don't want my previous anger to be taken lightly, it was absolutely the wrong thing to say and I knew it. You guys are all great to me, and my life wouldn't be close to this good without each of you in it. I may not mean near as much to you, but I can only hope that I'm doing something for this team.

I know you probably don't want that long of an apology, but in most circumstances I'm short on words. Thanks guys.

--Velocity
Back to top Go down
Jethro
Jethro

Number of posts : 116
Xfire : jethromp3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 pm

5$ to anyone who reads velocity's whole post.

Anyways, I think we have tons of admins and they're doing a fine job of keeping things cool. Things like rcon have to be kept close to a select few or else things get out of hand, I've seen it happen many a time. And I know that whenever I'm on at least, there's an admin on vent or xfire.
Back to top Go down
NessY

NessY

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:22 am

Lol...
ok
i remember a time back in the day when a man named stoob deemed me responsible enough to get the password...
i didnt get it from an admin
but ok!

and BTW
vent has been messed up on my computer fora good while now...
so thank you all that said that as an easy solution
and double btw sorry ive been transitioning to my new laptop for the past month and didnt get cod4 on it asap, but lets be real, ive been playing this shit since it came out!
dont act like im a chump thats just whining for rcon to be cool
i really dont give a shit if i have it or not...
im just tired of playing on our server and having 12543453 people saying
"KICK ____ hes scrolling..." or 3xnade or nubtub
i investigate and sure enough they are...
but oh damn.... guess i cant do anything since no ones on
then everyone leaves the server
the last 3-5 times ive been on there has been someone that needed kicking and i xfire every single person in our xfire group looking for someone and no one is on...
its not like i kick people just cause they are good..
rarely is there a day when im not in the top spot (unless a few of the actually good people in our clan are on)
thats the reason i got the password originally..
because i told stoob there was someone in the server and he was too busy... plus im on at all kinds of random hours that other people aren't

Last edited by NessY on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoob
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 am

It's the fact that, as I had posted before, only admins should have had the rcon password, and I was getting some complaints. Rather than restrict everyone from rcon, I left it up to our current admins. With the growth of our clan, more people will get rcon, but rules will be strict for the usage of it.
Back to top Go down
ockilla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:58 am

/agree with stoob
Back to top Go down
FlaTL!nE
Leader
Leader
FlaTL!nE

Number of posts : 208
Xfire : ptu7

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 am

velocity ur a true man for posting that, and is well understood. but to me now this si looking liek something else. sounds liek people who had rcon feel even less for not having it, so this will for sure act liek admins are not doing anything, so it leaves the person who is coming forward with this issue to get admin granted to them. thats kinda childish.
now i have no problem with anyone here, i like all you guys and consider you guys family, but my word on rcon and admin stays, only ADMINS get rcon i dont care if ur here for 2 years and your not an admin, you dont get rcon. and we have a few here, and they are not bitching. if your an admin then you get rcon, end of story.
Back to top Go down
NessY

NessY

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:52 am

hey check back at my last post
i added some to it

but like i said
i dont care if i get admin
its not a big deal
just pissed me off that the last few times im on i have to deal with asshats in the server

and not even at rediculous hours...

but everyone is now aware and im sure there will be a little more responces next time
Back to top Go down
Stoob
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm usually on during the day, or until 7 or 8 pm est. Then the girl and I spend time.
Back to top Go down
ockilla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Im Also Usually on... I Will Give Some People My Cell Number... Since I Get Unlimited Text... And If They need An Admin I Will Try To Take Care Of it
Back to top Go down
NessY

NessY

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:01 pm

alright coo

gimme that number nukka
Back to top Go down
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:25 pm

maybe we should start a contact topic in the raov section for people to post phone #s etc

Because if someone like needs a 5th for a scrim I would play. Sometimes if I'm away from my comp just text or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:28 pm

LOL teirce.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jethro
Jethro

Number of posts : 116
Xfire : jethromp3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am

How about we just share our credit card numbers so then if we're short on cash for bills or heroin we could help each other out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??   What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to SERVER ADMINS??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next