RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About random recruiting

Go down 
+3
ockilla
Stoob
Teirce
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

About random recruiting Empty
PostSubject: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm in a piss mood so I'm going to get right to the point.

Almost every other day I come in and see some new guy with tags on the vent or server. They don't even have a post in the recruitment section. I don't really like that some people just get let in without getting any input from the other clan members, and sometimes from other leaders as well. Like yesterday, that racist dude. How did he even get in, does anybody know? I feel every person who wants to join the clan should have to put in an application through the recruitment board. This lets everyone know who they are and also allows for members to put in info on people if they see something nobody else did, be it good or bad.

And I don't want any 'who is the leader of this clan again?' bullshit
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
Stoob
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 379
Xfire : stoob19
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Simple as this. No one is stopping you from leaving the clan, so if you don't like the way I run things, then hop on out of here. When we had that big discussion about moving towards a community, what did you think we were going to do with recruiting? The racist guy was taken care of, as you can see he was banned from vent, and I told him to take off tags. The, "who's the leader of this clan bullshit" well to be honest Teirce, Fuck you. Plain and simple. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a leader if I wasn't a good one. Do you want the responsibility of telling people they can't join the clan? I'm easy on recruits for a plain, simple reason. I think that everyone should have a chance, and I think everyone should have a second chance. It's easy to see when someone isn't fitting in with the clan. If I think that someone will be able to fit in with the clan, then I recruit them.

Can you please explain to me what you do for the clan that's so special that allows you to question what I do as a leader? Or to what the admins or leaders do? Yes I run the clan through equality, or try to, but you bitching about members doesn't get us anywhere. It's the same old thing, and I had a talk with another leader, and he advised me and gave me some tips.

Then, it comes down to this. Who deals with these members if they don't act the way we'd like them to. Me, not you. Who deals with clan members constantly bitching to them. Me. Who deals with public players bitching. Me. I deal with a lot of things both to the public and behind the scenes about this clan, so stop your bitching about recruiting.

I know for a fact that we don't recruit someone every other day.
Who's the newest recruit, Nuka Cola. He is a pub cod4 player, and will be in mw2. Happy? there you have some info about him.
Who's new other than him. The exp people are from the MOH division. who play both games.

The way the clan is running is changing. We want to expand, remember?

I'm sick of your bitching, "every other day to me"
yes, two can exaggerate.

To the point, I hope.

If anyone else has a problem with the way I run things, feel free to post here. HEY! If we get enough people complaining, I'll just up and quit. That way, no one will get recruited!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
ockilla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Stoob wrote:
HEY! If we get enough people complaining, I'll just up and quit. That way, no one will get recruited!

Dont Do That Stoob... Please Dont Do That, Please Let me Know Any Time You Need Help With Anything... I Have Experience Running Clans/Communities... Again Please Let Me Know If You Need Help

And To The Other Things Stated Above, Teirce... I Believe You Are Exaggerating A Little Too Much, Take A Step Back And Check Yourself Please, And Realize The Leaders/Admins, Actually Talk About The Recruits, And If Your Werent Only On Every 3 Days, You Would realize That We Dont really Recruit Too Fast.

Just My Two Cents
Back to top Go down
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:48 pm

OC I'm on every day. That does not mean that you are on at the same time as me.

Look at people that got accepted and then never come on to ventrilo to even socialize with the community. I haven't -ever- seen panic on, krausey got booted, I hardly ever see magic on, and I think I've seen nuka on twice. Now, I don't know about panic, but I see nuka on the server a lot, but he's never on vent. I see our regulars in vent more than these people. If they're pubs, let them be pubs. I realize that we should have more people as a community and I completely agree, but in my book someone that never comes on to ventrilo or the website and just plays in the server isn't even trying to be a part of the clan.

And you still haven't said anything about the applications. Why not just have someone post an application and then instantly accept and lock it if you like them so much. Without this, for all I know they could be spoofing their tags. It's easy as hell to do in vent as well. When you run things by word of mouth, some people get confused and then others don't even know what the hell is going on. You talk about equality. How about making everyone post an application before they're allowed to get in. If nothing else, please do this.

If stating my opinion comes out as bitching, so fucking be it. I couldn't care less right now. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit, but my point still stands.

Also, Stoob, I always question what everyone does. I'm that type of person. I look at people. I look at their motives, and I look at their methods. I don't give a rat's ass if you're a leader of my clan, my soccer coach, my math teacher, or my best friend. I might not voice it all the time, but the thoughts always bounce around in my head. If I feel there is a better or simply more efficient way of doing things, if I think it will help the system or the person using it, then I will say it without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

Number of posts : 190
Xfire : theffoh
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 pm

i feel a community chat is needed..., fellas i can assist with more than you think if there is anything needed whether it be a member or a leader then just ask and ill do what i can to assist... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://digital-excellence.net
brain105

Number of posts : 40
Xfire : brain105
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 am

About random recruiting TEAL_DEER_by_kunika
Back to top Go down
Sol
Sol

Number of posts : 30
Xfire : shadowsniper008
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:34 am

About random recruiting Humor_Drama_Llama_Cream_Shirt
Back to top Go down
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:47 am

sol

i know that that is a lama and i believe it means peace. and brain i <3 u brotha but i have no earthly idea what type of fucked up monstrosity of an animal that is that u just pasted????? but either way peace bros..... lmfao!!!
Back to top Go down
Sol
Sol

Number of posts : 30
Xfire : shadowsniper008
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:13 am

This entire thread can be summed up in a few sentences. First, leaders have the final say on who gets in the clan and who doesn't, its not a requirement that people post up apps, its just a formality. While i do agree that feedback from the rest of the clan is important in the decision of allowing people into the clan or not, its not up to members to decide on who's in and who's out. Leaders can go out and recruit a bunch of random people if they wanted to but i think we can trust them enough to say that they know what they are doing, we don't have to second guess it. Finally, stoob we all know you wouldn't quit over something this trivial, who are you trying to kid....
Back to top Go down
brain105

Number of posts : 40
Xfire : brain105
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:56 am

Riz, that is the teal deer. It represents tl:dr which stands for too long didnt read. I really cant have a say on this matter since I was one of the random recruits back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Stoob
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 379
Xfire : stoob19

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Alright, to solve this. I had talked with Flatline and I will tone down on the recruiting. To let you guys know, a possible new recruit is Alex. He has clean screenshots, and is friends with Buffalo. Also, sam is another person we're interested in.

Also, with our new website, I can make an entire clan list of people we have right now, and put all information about everyone on it. Saying name, age, history, etc. if that makes things a bit better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
Butcher
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 343
Xfire : raovbutch

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:38 pm

with the new website everyone should be able to add there info themselves which is another plus..anyways when you and riz get on lets start working on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 pm

rgr yes i am contacting him in a few minutes in reference to getting started on the website today and ill pop into vent once i have more info for all the leaders. Brain you always keep me laughing bro Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About random recruiting   About random recruiting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About random recruiting
Page 1 of 1