RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

Number of posts : 189
Xfire : wolfyretired
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. Empty
PostSubject: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 pm

Hey guys, after a considerable time's worth of reviewing comments and thoughts on the practices and stratting techniques that we should use, i've come up with a beta checklist to help us keep our teams up to date and to be prepared for each match. Now it is time to take time out of our other games that we love to play and to prepare for the ones which will further improve our records in both our TWL and CAL Seasons.
The following is what will be tested and enforced for the next week or 2, changes will be made according to what positives and negatives it brings.

¬We will for the Minimum scrim/strat 1 hours worth of the next map/mod which will be taking place.
¬All members wanting to participate in any matches, you must have scrimmed and stratted with the team atleast once prior to playing in a match. *Even if we have 4 guys on who have stratted, and one who hasn't...we simply won't play the match.
¬Anyone willing to participate in the match must also make the pre-game recap of what we're going to be doing, and who's being assigned where.
¬Listen to each other's comments, along with showing respect to the person(s) in charge of the session.
¬Strat/scrim times will be preferrably anywheres from 7-9pm EST[week]..weekends will be open, despite the pre-match sessions for any matches taking place.

Like I said, this is beta and we can change anything on this at any time. If you have further changes/suggestions for this topic, please reply to the Scrim/Strats topic in the 'Suggestions' section, thanks.

PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. Wolfysigcopy

PRE-GAME RECAP: By the time the match comes, I will have expected that atleast the starting lineup and a sub will have stratted/practiced for this match. Here we will simply overlook our strats for the last time and assign everyone their 'duties'...no bitching, team captain(s) will place you where they believe you will be most helpful. *note* TAKES PLACE WITHIN A HALF HOUR BEFORE THE SCHEDULED MATCH TIME.

GTACTIX? : Gtactix is a program which provides an overhead view of the map, and you are able to put 'markings' to show where you want someone to go and what you want them to do. It is undecided if we will be using it yet...this topic will be updated accordingly.

SUBSTITUTES: When half time comes, we have the ability to substitute one player in if we wish. Once again, if you are chosen to sit out for a sub, don't bitch about it- just trying to do what we think is best to attain the win. Match rosters will be posted at the minimum 1 hour before the match.

Last edited by wolfyretired on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
-raov][BRILLOPADS
-raov][BRILLOPADS

Number of posts : 15
Xfire : bonedocs
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 am

wolfyretired wrote:

¬All members wanting to participate in any matches, you must have scrimmed and stratted with the team atleast once prior to playing in a match. *Even if we have 4 guys on who have stratted, and one who hasn't...we simply won't play the match.

this is too harsh if you ask me, if we have 4 people who have stratted we could at least give that last person the quick walkthrough of what we are going to be doing in the match.
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:56 am

Well the main thing I want is responsibility, and to show that we will only be represented by the people who have found an hour or so to dedicate themselves to looking over the map...besides, its not THAT hard to make a little practice in my opinion. But if most say otherwise, there's always room open for change. Smile

Back to top Go down
MeatHead

MeatHead

Number of posts : 114
Xfire : wsmmeathead

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 pm

I think it's not srtict enough. If we have only four players who are prepared to play a match on a particular ladder, we should quit the ladder competiton and delete the team from TWL or CAL. I've already deleted one team from TWL for this very reason. I can't wait to delete some more teams! Goody!
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 pm

And meaty for the record...by someone being 'not ready' in my first post here, I mean that by only 4 people took their time out to strat and practice, while other people that may have practiced may not be on, and someone is there who hasn't practiced.

Back to top Go down
MeatHead

MeatHead

Number of posts : 114
Xfire : wsmmeathead

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 pm

You know what Wolfy, you make things too complicated. I'm just going to delete ALL the teams and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Meaty, this is solely for the COD4 Cal. If you guys wish to branch it off into TWL be my guest...but this is how i'm going to try to prepare us for CAL. And I would recommend against deleting any teams because we have a good start, and I plan on us doing better in the near future.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.   PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRACTICES/STRATTING | ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RAoV Forums :: RAoV Only :: General Discussion-
Jump to: