RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....

Go down 
+3
Stoob
Teirce
riZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

Number of posts : 190
Xfire : theffoh
Registration date : 2009-08-16

My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Since the invasion of Iraq the U.S. has spent close to 90 billion dollars on funding for schools, Mosque, Major Cities, and Towns restructuring, the Iraq Govt ie: The Iraqi Police Dept, and Iraqi Army. Do you know how much of that money that is actually accounted for? I will tell you it is just under 14 billion. That is a fact! So where is the rest of that money? I cannot tell you, and neither can our American GOVT, but I have some very educated guesses on what probably happened to it having spent 2 years and 6 months of my life in the country of Iraq, and dealing first hand with the Iraqi Men, Women, and Children everyday on the streets of Baghdad, Baquba, Ramadi, Tikrit, and Muqdadiyah as a middle aged Infantry Squad leader for the U.S. Army.

#1 Funding for weapons and bomb making materials from surrounding country's such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, and Egypt just to name a few. Weapons used to destroy kill and punish the same people that are over there risking everything to give the good people of Iraq a chance to make their own choices in life and not to be dictated like a herd of cows or sheep. Why would those people do this? Well I will tell you this. The Islam religion Frowns upon any human individual whom does not believe that Allah is the 1 and only true god and maker of all that is our world. And the majority of the people that believe in that specified religion believe that all other religion's and people whom believe in them are infidels.

For those of you whom might not know the Country of Iraq also has people in the country whom believe in Christianity, and believe in another form of religion other than Islam. Those people are the vast minority over there and are highly frowned upon by the majority whom are of the Islam faith. Also the Middle East is considered the "Cradle Of Civilization" meaning everything began in that region of the world as far as human life is concerned.

Do we as Americans really look at other Americans with different religion, Race, and Gender, as well as Political Views in a kind and peaceful sense? Maybe some do, but I can tell you that there are surely many whom do not. Does America piss away billions of dollars a year in fraudulent bullshit? I don't know you tell me lol.

This statement is not here to support one side or frown upon the other, it is just simply here to state a simple fact. There will always be Human beings that are imperfect, or greedy, or care more about themselves rather than the man or woman to their left or to their right, or whom think that they are more important than the person to their left or to their right, or whom think that their religion, or view of politics, or views of race/gender are more righteous then the person whom may see things in a different light to their left and to their right, I would be a hypocrite, and a bold faced liar if I told you I was never guilty of having these views ever in my life, and so I will tell you that not because I wanted to cause harm, but because of the fact that I myself am very imperfect and I am just as guilty as the rest of mankind in being Human, and because of this we will always have something we call WAR my friends. It is a sad but awful fact of life that I don't think we will ever have the chance to fully realize until it is too late that we had the power to stop all of this madness before it started but we were just a bit to greedy, and selfish, and righteous to admit it.

Until the day that a human being can look at himself or herself, and be able to be whatever they want to be, or believe in whatever they want to believe in, and not be criticized, and crucified for it then we will never truly see peace.

In the rest of the world we view acts of extreme violence and rage "Terrorist acts committed by people we call terrorist" but over here in our Country we view Acts of violence and rage Criminal Acts committed by people we know as criminals. But tell me this much, I am a very normal person whom has been exposed to some very extreme things in my 31 years of life. I only have 3 years in the 9th grade, and a GED, and I do not possess a lot of "Book smarts" however I do think that I have what we call "Common Sense" and can any of you answer this for me, what is the difference between a terrorist, and a criminal? Hummmm....

My statement is that no matter what views or opinions anyone in this life may or may not have they should still be allowed to express them freely without being criticized of a thing we should have all been given upon being born, and that is FREEDOM. The freedom to say or do, or think whatever you may want as long as it does not cause harm physically or mentally to another fellow human.

I can tell everyone in this room that every night before I go to sleep I think to myself about my life, and I think about losing my Wife, and my Son to something called War, not in a physical Sense but in a Mental one having lost my marbles and gone through a divorce overseas with a young infant bearing the brunt of a couple's frustrations being apart for years at a time and not knowing what was going to happen from one minute to the next.

I think about my choices as a soldier, and about 2 lives that can never be replaced by the squeeze of my right trigger finger, whether they were good, or bad, or right or wrong, and the effects it has had not only on the deceased but more so on the family's who have had to bear the brunt of suffer and loss because of decisions that I made as a combat leader in order to save what was most important to me at the time, and that was the soldier to my left and to my right, was I really qualified to make those decisions? I think about coming home this last time in May of 2008 and how disappointed I was in the way my life had turned out, and I thought about why I couldn't go 1 single day without chugging at least a half a fifth away in order to self medicate to cope with the choices and decisions that I made on my own, and how badly they had affected so many others and how much guilt and shame was involved.

Well fellas 7 months in Nut Houses and 28 days in the sober tank taught me this, as long as I live in this world I will respect others around me and their views whether I may agree with them or not to the best of my ability, I will try my very best to be every bit of a great role model, and father to my son Kaleb because the day he started breathing is the day I took a back seat, I will do my best to ensure he is afforded every right, and opportunity in his life to succeed and be a "Good Person". And last, but not least I will find my happiness, and if I do not then i will die searching for it.

I have lost much more in this life then I have ever gained, and I still do not have many answers to questions that I feel I will die with being unanswered. But I want to be able to live my life Free, and I want to be able to look back on it all before it is time for me to pass and I want to be able to answer these 2 question's honestly and truthfully to myself. Did I always try to insure that my "intentions were always Good", and did I always try to treat my fellow humans the way I would want to be treated? For my fellow Soldiers/ comrades/ and friends whom were lost to this latest War, and to all those fallen heroes who paved the path for me so that I could come in and fight for my Country as a free man have already answered that question by a Brave and Free Choice. I am still here and have to try to my best ability to make it so that I can truly say YES to both these questions I have for myself before I am done. I feel that if I can at least say YES to both of these before my time is done then I have been a part of the solution, and not that of the problem.

My Favorite Quote: "A Mistake is only a Mistake if you continue to make it. Sometimes people whom make the most Mistakes in Life end up being the Wisest people at the end of Life".

This is what goes on in my Noodle can you understand it?

D.J. hoffman
Back to top Go down
http://digital-excellence.net
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

“True respect, means that we must agree to disagree.”

So true.

Nice little rant though it's good insight on your character Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 pm

That is correct bud... a very long post with a very small and yet powerful meaning hah...
Back to top Go down
Stoob
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 379
Xfire : stoob19
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
FlaTL!nE
Leader
Leader
FlaTL!nE

Number of posts : 208
Xfire : ptu7

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 pm

thanks for sharing this, your a good friend here.
pretty powerful stuff man.
Back to top Go down
ockilla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 am

/Agree With Everyone Above Me...
I Consider You All To Be My Brothers
Back to top Go down
Butcher
Leader
Leader

Number of posts : 343
Xfire : raovbutch

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 am

<3
Back to top Go down
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Much respect im glad u fellas got the message...
Back to top Go down
Stoob
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

I just read most of it now, finally. I do not think that you have lost more than you have gained. I think that, regardless of the fact that we're all behind a screen here, everyone in the clan who comes on vent, and hangs out thinks of everyone on there as a friend. Since you've joined this clan Riz, you've been more than a friend.. you've been our brother, a provider, and one of the best people, in my opinion to join this clan. I think that raov is lucky to have you, and that raov is lucky to have members like it does. I don't think that there is a closer clan out there. As long as we all stick together we'll be golden.

You're the man riz,
everyone else is a g too.

Much love.
Back to top Go down
Jethro
Jethro

Number of posts : 116
Xfire : jethromp3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Stoob's getting emotional again.
Back to top Go down
Stoob
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Just died my hair black.
Back to top Go down
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:17 am

Thanks for the comment Stoob that means a lot bro, I am very happy to be a part of this Community. Thanks..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....   My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts, and Views on Life. Enter at your own Risk lol....
Page 1 of 1