RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
velocity

Number of posts : 107
Xfire : thewall4
Registration date : 2009-06-04

No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) Empty
PostSubject: No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)   No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Could be old news to you but I thought i should post it up anyway.

Looks like the PC has been fed the leftovers of a console game once again. The Prestige and Hardened Editions of the game will not be made available to the PC community.

Quote :
"A week ago we reported that it was looking unlikely that PC owners would not be able to get their own Prestige Version of Modern Warfare 2 (the one with the night vision goggles). While some might be upset about this situation we thought we were at least getting the Hardened Edition of Infinity Ward's upcoming FPS. That edition, whic in fact is listed as a pre-order option on the Amazon.com web site, has a behind-the-scenes DVD, an art book and a code to download the first Call of Duty game.

Well get ready for some bad news. IGN is reporting (and Big Download has confirmed via an PR rep with publisher Activision) that the Hardened Edition won't be made available to PC players either, at least according to Infinity Ward's community mananger Robert Bowling. We haven't gotten a reason yet as to why PC players are being left (again) out in the cold in regards to getting the same kinds of editions as their console counterparts will have a chance to purchase."

Sorry PC players: No Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 2 for you either

I personally wouldn't have paid an extra 70 bucks for a pair of night-vision goggles that were 99% likely to be absolute shit. But they certainly made it unfair for anyone else in the PC community that possibly wanted to get this version. Seems to me that it wouldn't be hard to throw a PC disk into the box if they are already doing it for Xbox and PS3... Not sure what they were thinking, but IW has certainly lost my respect.
Back to top Go down
decyfer
Webmaster
Webmaster
decyfer

Number of posts : 213
Xfire : greentide
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)   No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Well, it's to be expected. PC gamers have been shoved aside again and again. I would probably blame activision more than iw about this though.
Back to top Go down
http://teamraov.turtleforum.net
brain105

Number of posts : 40
Xfire : brain105
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)   No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 pm

I was actually looking to buy the hardened edition
Back to top Go down
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)   No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Oh well. If they stop making PC games, I'll buy a PS3, plug in a mouse and keyboard, and simply get one of my friends to help me modify it to accept burned console games. Fuck paying anything for people who are just going to shaft PC gamers.

As one of the comments said, if they're worried about piracy... It's hard to download a metal box and goggles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
riZ
Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations
riZ

Number of posts : 190
Xfire : theffoh
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)   No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Wow that is bad news. We have the most expensive game machine and we get the least attention!! Wow what a bunch of aholes:(
Back to top Go down
http://digital-excellence.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)   No Special Editions for PC. (MW2) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Special Editions for PC. (MW2)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RAoV Forums :: Games :: Call of Duty :: General-
Jump to: