RAoV Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Computer Troubles Please Help!

Go down 
+3
Messiah
wolfy
metallikatz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
metallikatz

metallikatz

Number of posts : 24
Xfire : Metalliktz
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Computer Troubles Please Help! Empty
PostSubject: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

OK its a long story so I'll start from the beginning. About half way through the summer we had to reformat, we had like 16 trojans lol. but we took our computer to my sister's friend who works with computers and he reformatted for us but installed Vista as the OS. Now when i play a game like say CoD4 my screen will turn black for 15 seconds then go back to normal and be really laggy then about 2 seconds later it repeats this. Sometimes it says my Display Adapter has stop worked cause of something about a VGA Device? idk

But When i go to Device Manager and look at my Display Adapters My Onboard Graphics has a yellow triangle with a ! inside it and when i click properties under driver status it says

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

And when i check for solutions nothing happens

My on board graphics are called
Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family

my video card is NiVDIA GeForce 6200

I don't know what to do... Ive Reinstalled all the drivers made sure the drivers are up to date made sure I had the newest version of DX 10 I don't know what else to do... Can Some 1 Please Help me

I wanna play CoD4 and L4D and Dota for Warcraft 3 so bad lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ioclan.com
wolfy
Leader
Leader
wolfy

Number of posts : 189
Xfire : wolfyretired
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am

Hey bud thanks for comin here to ask Smile And i'm just curious to if you have played CoD4 with that graphics card before? Because it was to my knowledge that CoD4 minimum specs were nvidia geforce 6600 and above 0.o.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamraov.com
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

Number of posts : 315
Xfire : vicky2526
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 am

also, how much ram you got? vista eats dat shit if youve got like <2gigs, and even then...
Back to top Go down
metallikatz

metallikatz

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 pm

back when i had xp i could play cod 4 and l4d on minimum graphic's and not lagg at all
so its not that my 6200 can play cod 4 just fine

yea i know i have 1 gig of ram but that wouldnt cause my screen to go black? and cause my onboard graphics to not work? but yea i have 1 gig
Back to top Go down
Messiah
Admin
Admin
Messiah

Number of posts : 315
Xfire : vicky2526

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

. that is an issues, the basic vista requirement is 1gig. so you prettymuch've gotta add 1 gig of ram onto the system requirements of games and such.
Back to top Go down
n00bie
n00bie

Number of posts : 47
Xfire : n00biie
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:14 pm

If you have onboard graphics and a graphics card, make sure you plug your monitor into the graphics card and not the onboard slot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gunzos.com
Teirce

Number of posts : 157
Xfire : biteme206
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 pm

To be very honest I think you need to supe up your computer a bit.

If we could get some full specs that would be better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.engineeredbeauty.com
decyfer
Webmaster
Webmaster
decyfer

Number of posts : 213
Xfire : greentide

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm

I honestly think you should just get a new computer. You could probably get something really good on newegg. Idk your price range, but yeah, if you want to play the new video games you are going to spend some money either way. Getting a new comp would just help you so that you won't have to upgrade for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://teamraov.turtleforum.net
metallikatz

metallikatz

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:12 pm

To be honest we cant afford to upgrade our pc or get a new one, my mom just file bank rupcy how ever you spell it and were moving in with my aunt but i get to keep this computer she says....

and i cant really add to this we need a new case the case is like the kind thats smaller than a desktop and the moniter sits on top of it... so i dont think we could add much to it beside replace the video card....

i tried plugging the moniter into the other slot that doesnt work either
Back to top Go down
Bob Dole
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Sounds like since downgrading to Vista, your computer needs to sure more resources to keep Vista running.

Try doing this.

Go to control panel>performance information and tools>adjust visual effects

Put it on performance.

There are advanced thing that you can do, such as msconfig, but you can lose major functions of your computer if you dont know what your doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer Troubles Please Help!   Computer Troubles Please Help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer Troubles Please Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RAoV Forums :: Graphics & Technology :: Tech Support-
Jump to: